Sunday, September 18, 2011

Angel Fire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Published by Katherine Tegen Books
464 pages
genre- paranormal
(amazon) (shelfari) (goodreads)
rating-2.5

Ellie's birthday is rolling around and with it are coming a few changes, first off the nightmares that she cant seem to shake no matter how hard she tries she still wakes up in a cold sweat, but more then that the dreams seem real, like they really happened. Ellie also meets a mysterious boy named will who even though hes crazy hot, seems to be stalkishly following her everywhere and acts like he may have some answers, It isn't till the night of her seventeenth birthday when she finds out the truth, that shes an age old demon hunter who is sent from the angels to protect humans from reapers, demons that drag souls to hell. and Ellie must learn to re-fight them like she has in her previous lives, only this time there's more at stake, this time if she dies she may not come back.

Anglefire was meh, although it certainly wasn't the worst book I've ever read, it just isn't that shelf worthy. The plot was okay, but I felt that they plunged into the whole "your-a-demon-hunter-go-relearn-your-talent' thing really fast. also and this may be stupid of me but I didn't like how Ellie was rich and popular, and she seemed a little too whiny. I did like the harshness her dad brought to the story though, it makes her perfect life seem just a little more normal.

Will was cute, and I liked how they eventually got together, although it was unrealistic how they never hooked up in previous lives, but they were good for each other so I approve.

and I guess I just don't really like the whole demon hunting thing, I found myself skipping the battle parts, and just going on to whats next, it didn't hold my interest that long.

Recommendation- Go for it if its your type of thing, its a book I would borrow, not buy though, and not one I will particularly keep my eye out for the sequel, although I may read it, if your bored or its been lying on your shelf for a while by all means go ahead, just don't have ultra high expectations.

have a nice night- err, morning?
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! thanks for leaving a comment!
XO, Dana