Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hi, I'm Dana.

We all go through phases of our lives, whether we dye our hair different colors or serial date all the wrong boys. For me, my phases are a little different. I become extremely passionate about different things. From, reading, to blogging, to movie watching, to room decorating, thrift store shopping, to DIYing, to knitting, to sewing to youtubing, to spending every waking moment applying for scholarships so I can scrape enough money together to get to attend my dream school. 

I know I'm not the only one who does this. Which is why after the initial thrill of being a blogger and having people read me and sometimes comment and send me book requests every few days it started to getting hard to keep it up. I started slipping. stopped blogging as much. It used to be right after I finished a book, then when I remembered to do it. I kept adding books onto my TBReviewed list, until I couldn't even remember what the books were about and ended up throwing the list out.

Then something really scary happened.

I stopped reading.

Okay, I didn't really stop, I just drastically slowed down. From my before 1-2 per week turned into 1 per month. I didn't really seek books out and my overflowing bookshelves contained more unread than read. I barely logged on to blogger and stopped writing down release dates and obsessively researching my authors. 

I'm not really sure how it happened. Just that it did.

The only thing that didn't change was... you. 

I still get an email for a review request about once a week. I still get daily page views. and after thinking to myself "why the hell not?" and taking a new book a few weeks ago I realized that this blog foundation that i had once loved so much and felt so passionate about should not go to waste. 

So I'm working on a change. I'm going to try to get back into it. But this time I'm going to do whatever I want. be it a quote or a trailer, a rambling of my life. (which i will probably do more of, because the most posts that are most liked are the ones that are about me, not the books) 

I'm aware that people might not read this. And I'm not sure that I even care. I anticipate giving this blog a total makeover and starting over again, fresh. 

cause its definitely time for a change in pace.

xo,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! thanks for leaving a comment!
XO, Dana