Monday, January 24, 2011

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher


Incarceron By Catherine Fisher
published by Fire bird
pages- 464
genre-Adventure
learn about it (shelfari) (goodreads)
buy it here
rating- 4
challenge- 350 page challenge


Incarceron is everything. The living, breathing, prison wall's that hold captive the generations of descendants of the original prisoners. Locked away for their entire life, living in a world driven with hate and torture, a world without sunlight or hope. That is until Finn, A man born from Incarceron its self comes across a crystal key, and with it, finds a link to Claudia the prison wardens daughter, They can communicate through the key and Finn soon finds out that Claudia is trapped in her own sort of prison, she has only a few days left of freedom, before she is forced into a loveless arranged marriage. Claudia has an idea though, she can help Finn escape, but in return Finn has to help her escape her Fiance. 


Incarceron is a great story, different then anything I read. I loved the difference in the two worlds and how Finn trusts his oath brother, Keiro, with his life. (I'm not so sure I would trust Keiro... even though he was my favorite character) 


And how Jared (Claudia's tutor) had a father/daughter relation ship with Claudia. The characterisation in this book was great and Incarceron was bone chilling. It was a great book with little faults. 


Finn and Claudia were great protagonists, they were charming, and good for each other.


The plot was good. Although it was semi-predictable it surprised me at the end.  The only thing I didn't like was that certain parts of the book dragged on and on, and other parts confused me a bit. 


Over all the book was satisfying and unique. I just got the second book in the series, Saphique, which came out early January, and I cannot wait to see what comes next!


See you, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! thanks for leaving a comment!
XO, Dana