Sunday, May 15, 2011

Real life boyfriends

Real Life Boyfriends by E. Lockhart
Publisher: Delacorte Books
Pages: 340
genre: Realistic fiction / humor
Learn about it: (shelfari) (GoodReads)
buy it here
Rating- 5


Ruby's Back! In her fourth and final book, this time with a real live boyfriend Noel. If only Noel would act more like a real life boyfriend, he's been depressed lately and won't not tell Ruby whats wrong. Her dads eating nothing but Cheetos, her moms on an all meat diet a thousand times more powerful then Adkins, Hutch left her for the romantic Parisian lifestyle, And through it all Ruby has a huge film project to do. Life seems to be in a shambles. Do not fret however, Ruby Oliver has her humor as her weapon and she is yielding it wonderfully, in this Hilarious final chronicle of her crazy life.




Oh how I love these books. They're a laugh on a sunny day. They're the wind beneath my wings. There the Hansel to my Gretel and the Peter too my pan. I started the series a few years ago in the good ol' DC. (door county that is, not Washington...) and loved it! From then on I was hooked! The books are easy to read, hilarious, and an all over good time. Ruby's crazy, yet believably realistic, and her hectic life is semi refreshing.

Whenever I think that Lockhart can't bring anything more interesting into the book, she does. and once you start to read the book your surprised by how quickly it went by. Id recommend to take it with you on a vacation or too the beach. Or if you ever need your spirits lifted to grab the series.

I also love how they have the footnotes all throughout the book, reflecting on other parts of Ruby's life.
I will be completely sad to see these books go, but the ending was great, and I felt that the series was fulfilled.

I liked these books so much that I am giving away an arc copy of Real Life Boyfriends Here! Also, The way these books are written, you don't really have to read them in order. (I started the series with the second book, then went back and read the first..) so If you haven't read the first three in the series, Sign up any way!

Peace, Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! thanks for leaving a comment!
XO, Dana