Monday, April 23, 2012

All You Desire by Kirsten Miller

All you Desire By Kristen Miller
Published by Razor Bill
pages- 423
released on August 9, 2011
Second book in The Eternal Ones series
genre- paranormal/fantasy
(shelfari) (amazon) (goodreads)
rating-4


Haven Moore and Iain Morrow have been living a blissful life in Rome, an ocean way from the Ouroboros Society and its diabolical leader. But paradise is not to last. The mysterious disappearance of Haven's best friend, Beau, sends the pair running back to New York, where they encounter the Horae, an underground group of women who have spent centuries scheming to destroy Adam Rosier. Only they can help Haven uncover the secret to Beau's whereabouts in one of her past lives. But their help comes at a price: Haven must infiltrate the Ouroboros Society, charm Adam Rosier, and lure him into a trap. It's a plan the Horae believe will save the world-but Haven and Iain fear that it may destroy the happiness they've been chasing for two thousand years
.

First off- this was totally unrelated, but last year I won an Ipod Nano, from my schools library, and it came with The Eternal Ones audio book pre-downloaded on it, which I listened to in a myriad of passing periods and track meets. Any way, I just remembered that there was a sequel to it, and when I picked it up the first thing I though was Ian is spelled like Iain? wth? I am seriously glad that I listened to the audio book, because I swear to god I would have pronounced his name like Eye-Anne, or e-aine or something crazy like that, and then would have been majorly confused when I found out the truth of his name. (and on an even more out there note, I read the first 3 twilight books pronouncing carlisle as car-el-stie.  I have no clue why. then when I saw the movie, I was like O.o)

Anyway, back to the book.... The eternal ones series is definitely a good love story. And there are a lot of other aspects of it that i love. The book captivated me, and was surprisingly, much better then the first. The characterization deepened, and i got to know much more about Beau, Iain, Adam (whom I started to actually like...) and even Haven herself. Along with the new plot came a slew of new characters including the eccentric actors and oborous members instructed to lead Haven around NYC Alex and Calum, along with their brooding friend Owen.

And more then that Both the Oborous Society and the Horae sisters are both vying for Havens attention. The Oborous want to suck haven into their cult like society, and the Horae want Haven to lure Adam to his death. Haven pretends to be falling for Adam, meanwhile getting information about who may have taken beau. I think that the plot was much better in this book the the last. Haven and Iain's relationship was sort of different. Haven and Iain were -for the most part- past there honeymoon stage and onto their story.
and it ended in a place where I was itching for the next one, It dosn't happen often that a book without a cliff hanger ending occupies my attention this much. I think the third book comes out around next august, and cant wait!

Have a wonderful week!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! thanks for leaving a comment!
XO, Dana